CHAIR Cultural Heritage in chair
The research lines developed are numerous and regard:
1. Compositional characterization of and diagnostic of natural stone materials and artificial ones (mortars, plasters, bricks, ceramics, etc.), used in the historic-archaeological building industry and of the degradation forms;
2. Individuation of the provenance of materials used in the Cultural Heritage sector;
3. Archaeometrical studies on materials of archaeological interest (obsidians, ceramics, glass, etc.);
4. Scientific support in the archaeological excavation phase;
5. The study and synthesis of consolidating and protective materials (organic and inorganic) and their effect on the physical properties of natural and artificial materials used in historical architecture and archaeology;
6. The study and conservation of Cultural Heritage coming from underwater environment.